Serving others on Sunday mornings at the church is one of the most helpful ways you can do the Lord’s work. As the Psalmist writes, “Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.” (Psalm 84:10).
There are many opportunities to serve on Sunday morning. Jan Dwyer, our minister of welcome and hospitality, can help you find your place to serve. You can serve as:
- a greeter to welcome people with a friendly smile to church.
- an usher to help people find their place in the sanctuary and to help collect the offering each week.
- a communion server to serve Holy Communion alongside the pastors.
- a scripture reader to read God’s holy word during worship.
- an acolyte (3rd-5th grades) to light altar candles at our 11 a.m. service.
If you are interested, please contact Jan Dwyer at JanD@cannonchurch.org.