MINISTER OF MUSIC AND WORSHIP
Cannon United Methodist Church seeks a qualified full-time Director/Minister of Music and Worship.
- Directing the primary adult choir
- Oversight of a fully graded choral program (ages 3-12th grade)
- Directing or overseeing the volunteer orchestra
- Supervising paid and volunteer music staff members
- Team participation in worship planning.
Applicant should have at minimum a bachelors degree in music and three years work experience.
- Three (3) years of experience minimally as a Facility Manager
- Ability to recognize facility needs for cleaning and maintenance
- Ability to supervise and train staff, contracted labor, and volunteers to accomplish tasks
- Ability to contract and coordinate services with vendors to provide routine maintenance for the church buildings, grounds, and equipment
- Ability to evaluate and shop vendor pricing for utilities, maintenance contracts, and vendor required repairs
- Ability to schedule all required inspections, i.e. boiler, backflow, elevator, etc.
- Ability to enter, review, approve and complete work orders within our Software (eSPACE).
- Ability to enter/maintain door lock schedules in conjunction with our Scheduled Events
- Ability to monitor automated HVAC requirements with our Scheduled Facility Use and override as needed
- Ability to follow Safe Sanctuary Policies
- Ability to interface with staff team members in a professional and cordial manner
The Facilities Manager position is a full-time Forty (40) hour position. Normal working hours are Monday–Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm. Adjustments may be required to meet vendor requirements for servicing our facilities. On-call availability on weekends is required to handle urgent facility needs. The facilities manager will report directly to the Associate Pastor.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Contract and coordinate services with vendors to provide routine maintenance for the church buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Complete or assign maintenance tasks within the scope (abilities) of staff, volunteers or contracted labor
- Maintain work order system through eSPACE
- Maintain HVAC scheduling
- Maintain Door Lock Schedules
- Schedule Required Inspections
- Price compare quality services, cleaning supplies, parts, etc.
- Propose Energy Conservation measures
- Attend Scheduled Staff Meetings
- Coordinate Facility Needs with Calendared Events
MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD
HOURS: MONDAY-FRIDAY – 2:45-6PM
We follow the Gwinnett County School Schedule
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR
MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD
HOURS: MONDAY-FRIDAY; AM OR PM SHIFTS (7am-6:30pm)
Late May through June
MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD AND PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
WILL COMPLETE A 4-HOUR CPR/FIRST AID CLASS, AND COMPLETE A UMC SAFE SANCTUARIES TRAINING
MUST BE WILLING TO USE CURRICULUM, DO CRAFTS, AND SING WITH CHILDREN
HOURS: Sunday Mornings (9am-12:30pm)
Wednesday Evenings (5-8pm)
Other shifts as they arise.
AVAILABLE TO WORK MONDAY-FRIDAY AS NEEDED
August 27, 2018 – May 17, 2019
PRESCHOOL ASSISTANT TEACHER
AVAILABLE TO WORK MONDAY-FRIDAY
Loving, energetic, Preschool Assistant Teacher needed for 3-year old class.